marți, 5 februarie 2013

Book vs TV Show: The Secret Circle


Back in the time, during my first year in university when I was having some free time, I did read The Secret Circle books. I actually loved The Secret Circle trilogy by L.J. Smith! So, when I saw the books was being turned into a TV show, I was intrigued. Would I still love these books? 

First of all, I have noticed that they changed...well, almost everything. The circle is a coven of witches, and there are supposed to be twelve of them. Twelve. The previews very emphatically state there are only six in the coven. I’m actually hoping the writers play around with that from the pilot, and I noticed they were very vague with character names, aside from Cassie, the main character, as well as Diana, Faye, Adam, and Nick. Those are the most central characters, but all the others are key as well. The manner in which the show deals with Cassie’s mom is total crap, as are the parents. It hints that Diana’s dad is some sinister... something trying to control the coven. Which is stupid, because then why wouldn’t the parents have their own coven? The parents in the actual books aren’t present and grandmothers are most influential.
It’s hard to imagine the series are able to plumb the depths of the books, especially with half the coven missing. Each person has a distinct personality and a different talent and power they bring to the circle. Additionally, the parents being involved means the entire plot of the series is thrown off.

 

Fot those who have't read the books yet, I invite them to do this because I can say that it won't be a waste of time. For those who haven't seen the TV series yet, they should watch them. Maybe they will see the differences between the books and the TV series and so they will be able to give their opinion about it.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu